Wednesday, February 27, 2008

I lay it at Your feet GOD!!

The last few days, I have been stressing out, there is so much to do. Michael got his orders yesterday so now, the ball is in motion. Trying to nail down dates to leave, for the packers, for the cleaners etc is not as easy as it sounds. We are only allowed I think 3 nights in billeting before we leave so we have to time things accordingly which actually is very stressful because in doing this, everything is down to the wire. I have had so many things on my mind lately that I have not been sleeping well and waking up stiff and achy for being so restless. I have been waking up with a sudden thought about cars or houses or packers and lain in bed for hours before drifting back off to an uneasy sleep. We have just purchased a used US spec vehicle that we will ship back for Michael so we are now trying to sell our British spec cars. We are so afraid that we will get stuck with them. What will we do then?? I don't even like to imagine it. I pray everyday, about all kinds of things and for various people but as I laid in bed last night, I realized that I have been praying that "we sell the van, we sell the car" etc. I decided that I was going about this all wrong so when I started my prayer, I told GOD that I give this all to him. I will do my part in getting things prepared but I lay my stresses at His feet and I praised Him for being such and awesome GOD allowing me to do that. I have to tell you that I slept like a rock last night, did not wake up once and I didn't not ache at all this morning. I even slept through the earthquake that happened over here. Apparently it was a 4.7 just southeast of us. We went to bed just after midnight and the earthquake happened about 1am.
If you wouldn't mind just keeping up in your prayers, we have a lot going on and the next few months will be very stressful and hectic.

Have a great day and thanks for looking.

2 comments:

Jeanne robinson said...

Susan You are in my prayers If it is Gods will you will sell the cars. relax and let God be in control. have a peaceful week Can not wait to see you and the boys or should I say Men! heHe Love jeanne

Anonymous said...

Susan,
You're blog blesses me so much! I will keep you all and ALL of the details in my prayers. We are so excited about seeing you guys this summer. I struggle with "worry" too and I am reminded of how many times God tells us not to. I will pray that you lay it at His feet each time satan tries to make it all overwhelm you. This life IS bigger than us and that's why we are so desperate for a Savior and His love and peace. I love you and am both encouraged and challenged by your growth in Christ. Have a blessed Day and F.R.O.G. (Fully Rely On God!) Leigh Ann